Join us at the Tall Tales Music Festival for two fun happenings!
Second Annual Big Fat Little White Lie Bicycle Race!!!!
Saturday August 12th 9:00 am
- 9am sharp at Corner of Chestnut and Dodge
- Family Friendly short route
- Big Fat Lie Race 15 miles
- Little White Lie 3 miles
- Get your picture taken on the Winner’s Podium
- Everyone is a winner!!
Kid’s Bicycle Decorating Contest!!!!
Saturday, August 12th, 2:30pm
- Open to ages 12 years and under
- Use your imagination to decorate your bicycle in any crazy way you want!
- Extra points for using recycled materials
- Bicycle must be safely ride–able w/decoration
- Prizes to First, Second, and Third Place
- Come to the bikeburlington booth at Tall Tales site with your bike.
- Judging at 2:30 followed by prize ceremony!!!
A big thank you to all of this year’s participants and especially our sponsor, Runzheimer. The weather was perfect and the turnout was great. We look forward to next year and seeing you again at one of our Coffee to Coffee Rides.
Our next event will be the “Big Fat Little White Lie Bike Race” held in conjunction with the Tall Tales Festival, August 11-12 in downtown Burlington. Check back for details.
Mark your calendar for Saturday, June 24th… Pedal, Paddle and Play is back!
Pedal, Paddle and Play is a community event that combines pedaling the Seven Waters Trail by bicycle and paddling down the Fox River Water Trail while listening to live music at selected spots along the route.
The ride kicks off at 10am this Saturday, June 24th. Packet pick-up begins at 9am.
You can choose your route and starting point. There are registration areas in Burlington at Riverside Park and in Waterford at Village Hall Park (maps below). At the registration, you need to fill out a registration form and pick up your t-shirt. You will also receive a map and ride information on-site.
You will be cycling, paddling, or both between these two points, Waterford and Burlington. Music, water and snacks will be available at both registration areas and at Case Eagle Park in Rochester which is about halfway between Burlington and Waterford.
Cyclists will stay on the Seven Waters Trail for the event https://www.traillink.com/trail/seven-waters-bike-trail/. Event signs will mark the route at road crossings and turns. Paddlers will put in at the wonderful new boat launch behind Village Hall in Waterford. Kayak rentals at a reduced rate for participants will be available through Fox River Paddle Sports located behind Village Hall Park in Waterford. You can reserve a canoe by contacting Sherri at https://foxriverpaddlesports.com/ Day of the event rentals will be available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Here are your options:
PEDAL ONLY OPTIONS
Start in Burlington
- Cycle the 7 Waters trail between Riverside Park (Burlington) and Case Eagle Park (Rochester) and back ~10 miles round trip
- Cycle the 7 Waters Trail from Riverside Park to Village Hall Park(Waterford) and back ~16 miles round trip
Start in Waterford
- Cycle from Village Hall Park to Case Eagle and back ~5 miles round trip
- Cycle from Village Hall Park to Riverside Park ~16 miles
PADDLE ONLY OPTIONS (Waterford Start Only)
- Paddle to Case Eagle Park and return to Village Hall (rental kayaks have this option only)
- Paddle to Case Eagle Park, portage your watercraft, and continue to Riverside Park. Your craft will be shuttled by bikeburlington volunteers back to Waterford.
PEDAL & PADDLE OPTIONS with your OWN kayak or canoe
- Drop your watercraft at Case Eagle Park or Village Hall Park. Drive to Riverside Park in Burlington. Cycle via 7 Waters Trail to your boat. Drop bike with bikeburlington volunteer. Paddle back to Case Eagle or Riverside Park starting point. Your bike will be there to meet you, shuttled by bikeburlington volunteers.
Pedal and Paddle with a Fox RiverPaddle Sports Rental
Start in Burlington
- Cycle from Riverside Park to Village Hall Park. Drop your bike with a bikeburlington volunteer. Pick up rental kayak. Paddle to Case Eagle Park and back. Cycle back to Burlington.
Start in Waterford
- Bring your bike to Village Hall Park. Drop bike off with bikeburlington volunteer. Pick up rental kayak. Paddle to Case Eagle Park. Pick up your bicycle(shuttled to Case Eagle by bikeburlington volunteers) and ride back to Village Hall Park.
Crazy combinations but all fun! Please call 773-960-5529 if you need more information or email email@example.com