Bike Burlington is dedicated to making Burlington, Wisconsin a great place to bike and to make cycling accessible to Burlington-area residents.
Our goal is to raise awareness of the possibilities, promise and benefits of riding a bicycle, including:
- Events to encourage locals to get on their bikes.
- Opportunities to learn the skills that make biking fun and safe.
- Work with local government to make the best use of public funds for cycling.
- Help local business grow by improved cycling in the area.
3rd Annual Bike Race at Tall Tales Festival Saturday, Aug. 11
On Saturday morning August 11th at 9:00, bikeburlington is hosting the 3rd Annual Big Fat, Little White Lie Bike Race. In the spirit of telling tall tales, all participants get a 1st Place ribbon and their picture taken on the “winner’s”podium holding flowers and a trophy. You can tell all your friends you won first place and show them the picture to prove it.
We have two routes—
The Big Fat Lie Race is a 15-mile group ride for adults with experience riding on roads with traffic. A cue sheet will be provided with the route. We will start riding together as a group. Riders are free tom ride at their own pace with the group or on their own.
The Little White Lie Race is a family friendly ride open to all ages. The ride is led by a ride captain through the streets of Burlington. We will ride as a group from start to finish. The ride is a little under 3 miles.
Remember…..everyone is a winner!
- Starts 9am sharp at the corner of Chestnut and Dodge
- Big Fat Lie Race 15 miles (group ride, map provided)
- Little White Lie 3 miles (ride captain leads group through Burlington streets and trails)
- Get your photo taken on the Tour de Tall Tales Podium!
- Everyone gets 1st Place!!!
Bicycle Decorating Contest at Tall Tales Festival Saturday, Aug. 11 at 2:30pm
Calling all Cycle Kids….
Use your imagination to decorate your bicycle in any crazy way you like. Lights, ribbons, feathers, paper cups, candy bar wrappers… anything can be used for decoration. Your bicycle must be safe to ride even with the decorations.
Bicycles will be judged on
- Design and Appearance
- Use of recycled materials
Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place. The contest is open to all ages 12 years and under.
Bring your bike to the Bikeburlington booth at 2:30pm on Saturday August 11th for judging. Prizes will be awarded at 3:00pm.
- Use your imagination to decorate your bicycle in any crazy way you want
- Open to ages 12 ears and under
- Extra points for using recycled materials
- Bicycles must be safe to ride
- Prizes to first, second and third place
- Bikes and riders report to the BikeBurlington booth at Tall Tales site.
Join us on summer Sunday mornings for a leisurely ride. Alternating between trail and road rides with various destinations, our goal is a cup of coffee and perhaps a bite to eat.
Pedal, Paddle & Play
Unfortunately this event has been cancelled for 2018. PADDLE the Fox River between Waterford and Burlington and/or PEDAL your bike on the Seven Waters Bike Trail. With multiple options, the point is to have fun.